We're still not sure who our primary physician is going to be, but we wanted to get the first appointment in as soon as possible, just to make sure we're -really- pregnant. :-) The appointment went smoothly, although we were totally unprepared. I forgot the list of questions I was going to bring, and anytime the doctor asked us if we had any questions we looked like a couple of deer in headlights.
Even though we weren't as prepared as we should have been, the appointment was still productive. Jill did great, and we were able to see the baby for the first time when the doctor conducted the ultrasound (we got a printout, but the doctor really needs to work on her composition, the baby was totally not ready for the picture). I told Jill it definitely looks like a boy, but she's not sure yet, and it will be another 9 weeks before we will know for sure. I was surprised at how "human" it looked, since I was expecting a chicken nugget shaped blob. Other than the general outline, we saw its heart beating and a little spinal cord. According to the ultrasound, Jill is 9 weeks pregnant, only a few days off our estimate, and the predicted due date is September 8th.
We asked about pre-natal vitamins, and their response was a bag full of about 10 sample packs, which will last a couple months. They mentioned some "super" vitamins they had, but that they were "expensive". I'm not sure how much $ "expensive" is, but since we hadn't done any research we didn't really have many questions about them.
Our next appointment is in 30 days, and hopefully we'll be more prepared on that visit.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment