Our appointment this week went pretty smoothly. Since our first appointment was at another medical group (long story), this new location didn't quite have all of the information they needed. We spent about 30 minutes filling out forms and re-answering questions that we had already gone over during our first appointment. In the end, everything is back on track, and the doctor that we'll be seeing on a regular basis was the same doctor that Jeanne (Jill's mom) had when she delivered one of Jill's brothers (Patrick I think). As one of the nurse's put it, "he's the best!" -- and we hope he is!
Other than the general questions, and forms, we did get to hear the baby's heart beating, which I'm finding harder and harder to remember as the days go by. I do remember thinking that it did sound like a "whooshing" sound, which I've read about in one of my books.
Our next appointment is on April 1st (Fool's day), which is when they confirm that the baby has all of its limbs, run some blood tests, and determine the sex.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome!! Congrats on finding a great doctor, and of course, an uneventful appt, that's what you want. ;-)
ReplyDeleteYes, the heart beat does sound like a throbbing "whoosh".
Glad you guys (finally) have a blog up. Now I can add you to my reader. mwahahahaha
April 1st eh, so don't be surprised when they tell you it is a boy, but you deliver a girl. Or visa versa.
ReplyDelete