Wednesday, August 5, 2009

8 month picture - 8-5-2009

It's that time again.. picture time!


This month Jill is really starting to feel "pregnant," and we're getting pretty anxious/excited about the impending doom miracle.

A lot has happened since our last update, so I'll try and give a quick summary:
  • Jill is no longer taking the meds that were prescribed last month (woohoo)! She actually only took a few days worth before the doctor said that she could take them on an "as needed" basis, which ended up being, well.. not needed.
  • We've been taking a number of preparation classes, everything from "child birth preparation," to "sleep strategies," and "first aid/CPR." The classes are pretty good, and our instructor(s) have all been very helpful.
  • Jill had TWO baby showers, one at work, and the other with family and friends. Both showers were a big success, and now we're wondering where we're going to put all this baby stuff!!
  • Speaking of work, Jill's last day was 7/31, and she is officially disabled. :-)
  • I assembled the crib last week, and since I read the directions I didn't have any "extra" parts leftover -- good news for Amelia.
  • We've had a couple of appointments with our doctor, the most recent being today (8/12). Everything is still fine, and the doctor said that she is just starting to drop. Our due date is still estimated at 9/6, but if she's anything like her mother she'll be late.
Whew, I'm sure a few things have been left out, and I'm sure each of the above could be a post in itself, but hopefully this will do. In the coming weeks we have weekly appointments with our doctor, and are planning on finishing up the last few classes we're signed up for before Amelia's born.

Here are a couple of pictures, one from a park we went to a couple weeks ago, and the other from the "family & friends" baby shower, with Bree, Logan, and Jill.


I'm also adding a poll so that everyone can make their own predictions on when Amelia will be born. We'll send the winner her first dirty diaper. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I voted for the 10th, since that is my brother and Jon's birthday. ;-)

    We had a great time visiting, as always!! we can't wait to meet Miss Amelia.

    Where are the pics of the new crib?? I want to see how it all turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for LABOR DAY!! WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete