Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Are we there yet...?

Since September 6th, this is a typical day...

I go to work and everyone asks: "What are you still doing here??" or "Not yet huh?"
I get phone calls from family members, and I just start the conversation with "Not yet."
I call family members, and have to start the conversation with "Not yet."

Amelia has been very stubborn, and must be happy where she is. Like I said in a previous post, she must take after her mother in the punctuality department.

Our last visit with our doctor was on the 9th, and he confirmed that if Jill hasn't delivered by the 16th she would be getting induced. Well, it's the 15th today, and tomorrow is coming fast.

The schedule should go something like this:
  • Head to triage on Wednesday at 7:00PM.
  • I assume Jill will get another examination to make sure everything is on track, and check her progress since the last appointment.
  • They will give Jill Prostaglandin, which is used to soften the cervix.
  • We'll head to a labor & delivery room.
  • We'll get some rest, sleeping I guess, until Jill starts labor naturally (2/3rds of women go into labor after receiving Prostaglandin).
  • If all goes well, the baby should be delivered sometime on Thursday, the 17th. (I know, the due date predictions fail, I probably should get used to the unexpected)
  • If Jill is part of the remaining 1/3 of women, they'll induce labor using Pitocin sometime Thursday morning, and Amelia will be delivered Thursday afternoon.
Check back soon, we should be posting pictures & Amelia's details in a couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. Funny - I decided to stop calling, emailing and texting asking the big question because I realized that everyone is doing that and I remember people doing it to me and I got sick and tired of hearing about it. Like, DON'T WORRY, WE'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT HAPPENS! ;-)

    Still, nice to get an update! We are definitely excited and looking forward to the big news! Jon better be at the top of your list of people to call the minute she lets out her first cry. ;-)

    Good luck and *big hugs*!

    ReplyDelete